Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
    I must be just dirt poor.

We have a washing machine, but we never use it. If we want some clothes cleaned, we wash them in the bath tub. Sounds cheap and stupid but when I lived overseas, that is what I did (and I owned a washing machine there also). It is faster washing the clothes by hand. It provides some exercise and the clothes generally come out a lot cleaner.

Well, that is my two worthless cents worth.
    I'm with you, BigJohn. We don't have electricity, and washing a few clothes in the tub is so much less hassle and expense than packing them up and hauling them to the laundromat, that we usually do that instead. Did spring for a wringer a few years ago (just the wringer, not the whole washer - yep, they still make them new!), and that really helps. Gets them drier than the spin cycle!
    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
      I must be just dirt poor.

We have a washing machine, but we never use it. If we want some clothes cleaned, we wash them in the bath tub. Sounds cheap and stupid but when I lived overseas, that is what I did (and I owned a washing machine there also). It is faster washing the clothes by hand. It provides some exercise and the clothes generally come out a lot cleaner.

Well, that is my two worthless cents worth.
      LOL, I wash clothes at my mom's house.. Free.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X