It's silly really, but I'm excited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's silly really, but I'm excited.

I have been working diligently at trying to carve some extra space into my budget so that when new baby comes I don't have to do too much modifying.. I cut all premiums on cable, which I should have done a WHILE ago, but it's really all I use for entertainment. I signed up for netflix. Net savings: $50.. Then another $20 off my cell phone, by dropping down to the bare minimum.. So there is $70 a month!! Woot Woot!! Have to find something to be excited about.. Now if only the cost of groceries and gas would drop a bit and maybe the temperature of Texas? (Is that too much to ask? )
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Very nice... very nice. I'm about to drop my "premium" cable service too. All those promises of $79.00 for their "Premium Package" and my monthly bill seems to be $130 each month.

I'm also moving two phones to a family plan to save about $60 a month.

I never thought I'd be scrounging for $60. I use to ask my mom if she had any money she could loan me, and she'd say $100. I would tell her... "that's not money!"

Oh boy!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wrong.

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
      I have been working diligently at trying to carve some extra space into my budget so that when new baby comes I don't have to do too much modifying.. I cut all premiums on cable, which I should have done a WHILE ago, but it's really all I use for entertainment. I signed up for netflix. Net savings: $50.. Then another $20 off my cell phone, by dropping down to the bare minimum.. So there is $70 a month!! Woot Woot!! Have to find something to be excited about.. Now if only the cost of groceries and gas would drop a bit and maybe the temperature of Texas? (Is that too much to ask? )
      It's not a BIT silly...it's exactly what's going to keep you from going through this ever again, and it's going to make you the envy of everybody you know, when you can say you have no debt, and you're living within your means. How many people do you know who can say that?

Give yourself a lot of credit - oops - I mean a pat on the back! Frugal is becoming trendy, and you're a trendsetter!
      Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
      341 meeting: July 18, 2008
      last day for objections: September 16, 2008
      DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

LOL... I remember when I thought $100 wasn't money either... The other thing is the renewal period for my insurance is in October and my insurance premium has dropped $20 a month.. due to a recent birthday and a pesky speeding ticket dropping off my record. So yay, for getting older!
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08

Comment

That's awesome!! I remeber when I though 1k wasn't a lot of money. It seemed paltry in comparison to the amount of debt I had. Now, I can live off 1k for a long time!!
          Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
          Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
          Discharged April 2012

Comment

Have you checked out Angelfoodministries? They sell to anyone and you must prepay, you get meals for 4 for $30 for a week and can buy all you want. Their food changes by the month and there may be an outlet near you. Non denominational but usually handled out of Churches of all faiths. Not just for poor people and top grade food. Mrs. and I ordered $100 food for the month. Check it out. http://www.angelfoodministries.com/
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Remember 'Hub... I was the one that brought that heated topic up!

We are going to start using it next month as this month's deadline is already passed and we were dealing with a hurricane. But, yes, I fully intend to utilize it.

Comment

Im picking up my first batch on the 27th cant wait

Comment

AW. I wish I was picking mine up then. Stupid freaking storm.

Comment

Have you eaten any of the food bought through them?
                    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
                    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
                    Discharged April 2012

Comment

Not silly at all...you are being very smart. I can't wait until I file, I have some plans to cut back on some of the bills. I've been "padding" them until I file in order to give myself some "wiggle room" in the budget....I have to pull out my old iron and get working!!! I would save about $110 per month on dry cleaning alone! Cable...gone(after confirmation)...home phone line....gone....premium insurance...I'm still considering to keep or not....

Good Luck to you! Let us know any other tips you come across!
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I'd suggest keeping the insurance, that is not something you really want to cut back on. My DF and I are also about to change to a family plan for cell phone to save another $40 I think.

Comment

Remember 'Hub... I was the one that brought that heated topic up!

We are going to start using it next month as this month's deadline is already passed and we were dealing with a hurricane. But, yes, I fully intend to utilize it.
                          Ooooops, how embarrassing. Sorry. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            Ooooops, how embarrassing. Sorry. 'Hub
                            Lol, nah...

Comment

I must be just dirt poor.

We have a washing machine, but we never use it. If we want some clothes cleaned, we wash them in the bath tub. Sounds cheap and stupid but when I lived overseas, that is what I did (and I owned a washing machine there also). It is faster washing the clothes by hand. It provides some exercise and the clothes generally come out a lot cleaner.

Well, that is my two worthless cents worth.
                              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X