top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is "continued Confirmation" on 13network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "continued Confirmation" on 13network?

today was my confirmation. I just checked the 13network site and im not sure if it was already there but on the main page it shows my confirmatin hearing date of today. I really havent looked closely to this page, but this is what it said.

Dates and Times
    Petition Filed Date Thursday, July 31, 2008
    First Meeting Date Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:00 AM
    First Payment Due Date Saturday, August 30, 2008
    Confirmation Hearing Date Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:30 AM
    Confirmation Date

Last Letter Date
    Closing Order Date

36 Month Tuesday, August 30, 2011
    Continued Confirmation Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:30 AM

the last line here is what i am wondering about? does this mean i didnt confirm today? I didnt get any notice of objections, could this be the last final and maybe they didnt update the site yet? i cant remember if that line was there last time i looked.
    filed 13 07-31-08
    confirmed 10-28-08
    33 payments down 3 to go

I dunno, lol, but that's the same date as my new confirmation. 13network is all sorts of messed up for me, still showing me in a 60 month plan. Don't worry too much over it.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

just wondering if i confirmed or not.. wont be able to call them until friday. Does everyones 13network site have a continued confirmation date? would I have gotten a notice for continuation, or if something was wrong with plan? IE objection?
      Last edited by brokeNconfused; 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM.
      filed 13 07-31-08
      confirmed 10-28-08
      33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

anyone?
        filed 13 07-31-08
        confirmed 10-28-08
        33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

You must be in Florida. Just kidding...

Anyhow, many confirmations (in many Districts) take months to achieve. The Confirmation Hearing is required by law to be held within so many days of the 341... I think it's 30 Days.

What they do, is have the "initial" confirmation hearing and then "continue" your confirmation. In many Districts, they like to wait until all the Claims come in before having a final Confirmation Hearing, because they need to see what your Plan is going to be like.

I actually prefer this most. This way, you have much more time to Amend your plan as things come in. Amending your Plan post-confirmation is a PAIN, as it requires notice and a hearing!

So, it just means that you aren't confirmed yet. Your confirmation is "continued" until the next date. At the next hearing, they'll look again at the claims that are expected and what has come in. They'll also look to the "claims bar date" (last day for claims) and see if they should expect any more.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ok.. so this is not a bad thing right now? No objections, no issues? Im not in florida im in the western district. I really appriciate the answer?
            filed 13 07-31-08
            confirmed 10-28-08
            33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

Originally posted by brokeNconfused View Post
              ok.. so this is not a bad thing right now? No objections, no issues? Im not in florida im in the western district. I really appriciate the answer?
              Not bad at all. What I was writing, is that it may be "routine" for the first confirmation hearing to be automatically continued, unless all your "claims" are in.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

To me it looks like the Trustee continued it because he has issues that need to be resolved. I don't think you are confirmed. Talk to your lawyer

Comment

i was able to reach them today FINALLY. I she said there were no bad notes in file, but there are two creditors that have not claimed yet. They have to be allowed the full 60 days for claims...soooooooo they continued it. WHEW!!
                  filed 13 07-31-08
                  confirmed 10-28-08
                  33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

Originally posted by brokeNconfused View Post
                    i was able to reach them today FINALLY. I she said there were no bad notes in file, but there are two creditors that have not claimed yet. They have to be allowed the full 60 days for claims...soooooooo they continued it. WHEW!!
                    Wow, your District must be like my District. They wait until all claims are in or the claims bar date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X