Thanks to Pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Pacer

15 months into my Chapter 13 plan with a Motion to Dismiss from the Trustee.
    I found out thru Pacer that my attorney had filed 4 pre-confirmation modifications and 5 post-confirmation modifications without our knowledge. Everything from the initial CMI report to all our schedules were changed. Our plan jumped from 1189.00 to 1387.00 to 1483.00 and was changing to 1660.00 when I absolutely reached wits end and a nervous breakdown! His last modification was to go 100% unsecured when we confimed at 60%. Our unsecured pool of funds showed 67,000 when in fact our unsecured creditors was only 35,000. The entire case was a complete mess. We fired our attorney and now are ProSe. The Judge has told the Trustee that our attorney has 14 days to refund our $3800 or we will have to issue a Motion for it and he will sign off on it. Be careful if and watch your plans closely. We have gotten the Trustee to pull her Motion to Dismiss and have agreed to a payment plan to finish out in a total of 57 months. We will be paying unsecured approx. 75% now. It's not what we were told but at least our plan was not dismissed. The Trustee just called and is issuing the order to correct. The Judge signed off on our attorneys termination today and struck thru the part in which our attorney asked to have his name striken from record. This web site has been very helpful with a lot of good information on it. Here is hoping we can get thru our plan on 1387.00 payments for 42 more months. If the attorney refunds the fees it will knock off another 2 more months!

Excellent... my fellow pro se filer! Excellent!

A little knowledge... is powerful.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Brokeaswell: My hat off to you. Yes this site gives real people history and not a lot of BS "how to" books give and Attorneys are paid to lie, dontchano? Good work. I would at this point not knowing your situation, go for a 7 if you can. GREAT work. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

OMG, I can't believe that you had to go through that. That's awful. Good luck!! Y'all are on the right track!
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
        Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
        60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

It's been a long road so far, and I am hoping to get thru with it. We were an above median filer that could not take what the credit card companies were doing with us. I saw no end in site with them bumping up my interest to 29% and the late fees for one day late. The min payments were going up with it and we couldn't take it anymore. When we filed I wasn't even late on anything but new I was going down fast. To get my attorneys attention after we fired him in August I filed a Motion for Hardship Discharge. That woke him up! Unfortunately since he didn't file his termination papers like he was suppose to my hearing came up and the Judge couldn't hear it because he was still officially representing us. The Judge was nice enough to let us talk and speak with the Trustee in front of him. My attorney stormed out of the room. My argument for the Hardship Discharge was that we could not finish the plan because of the errors that my attorney made and the payments that were set. I think the Trustee knew we had a chance to discharge the unsecured and worked with us to keep the plan going. After 6 months of going back and forth to try to correct his initial filing errors the Trustee remarkably worked things out the day of the hearing. Amazing isn't it! Our motion got dismissed w/o Prejudice so we could bring it back if we want to. To any ProSe's out there that sucessfully changed to a Chapter 7 let me hear what had to be done. I heard there is a $25 fee but I'm not sure if you have to have a dire change in circumstances. Our only change has been our gas going up over a grand a month and groceries and medical increases. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
          Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X