No announcement yet.

Almost Done with Ch. 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!!! I talked to my attorney again today and he said all I need to do is wait to receive my discharge letter from the Trustee's office. I think I might cry that day!
    Filed 13 in Dec 03
    Discharged 1/12/08

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      No, they can't distribute any more than what the Plan called for! You must continue to make your Plan payments.

As i wrote, the extra is probably the overage of the Trustee Administrative fee. All will be reconciled.

I was in the same type scenario, and I did NOT call my attorney. I just made the two additional payments. I thought I'd let you know what happened in my case...

The additional payments were divided bewteen the unsecured - so instead of them receiving their agreed upon 69% - they got 74%. The trustee also took a larger chunk of change from the remaining amount. (I had two late filers that got nothing!)

It would have also been in my best interest to call my attorney and stop the last two payments, but, I chose the wrong option, and just paid it. I didn't want to "rock the boat" so to speak, and it cost me.

However - my last payment was made on 10/20, 13network showed completed on 11/24 and I finally got my letter from the bankruptcy court 12/08.

Congrats on being DONE... it's a great feeling to "keep" that extra payment every month!

just4me

Comment

That is the downside. If you have "extra" money at the end, and are not paying unsecured creditors 100%, then the Trustee will just give it to himself and the unsecured creditors.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X