First Trustee Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Trustee Payment

My Chapter 13 was filed Oct 29th. I was under the impression that my first payment would then be dur on Oct 29th but I have not heard from anyone (lawyer, trustee) about where to send the payment. The lawyer just keep saying "we will talk before your 341" which is Dec 12th. What do I do?

check the trustee's website for the payment mailing address.

Comment

So I don't get any notice or anything? I just whip a payment out?

Comment

My lawyer told me where to send the payment. Not making the payment within 30 days of filing would be a big red flag to deny you confirmation at your 341 hearing, at least in my district. So if you filed Oct 29th, you need to have that first payment in to your trustee by the day after Thanksgiving I think. At least that's how it is for my district. I was told the PO lockbox to mail it to, and that it had to be money order, no personal checks accepted. Ask your lawyer again, I really think it needs to get there before your 341. (We had to wait a while for our 341, so we had actually made two payments by the time we had our meeting.)
        Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
        Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Thank you. I agree. I sent an email to my lawyer today. If I don't hear back from him by Friday, I will try to find out where to send the payment.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEEBB View Post
            My Chapter 13 was filed Oct 29th. I was under the impression that my first payment would then be dur on Oct 29th but I have not heard from anyone (lawyer, trustee) about where to send the payment. The lawyer just keep saying "we will talk before your 341" which is Dec 12th. What do I do?
            I'm surprised your lawyer didn't say anything. This does vary by District though. In some Districts you pay your lawyer into an Escrow fund starting on the petition date.

In most Districts, your first payment is due to the US Trustee 30 days (or 45 days) after your petition is filed.

You really need to ask your lawyer. Assume that your first (monthly) payment is due 30 days from filing.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X