Has anyone had this low of pay back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had this low of pay back?

I signed the final papers yesterday and await my 341 meeting on December 3rd. My payment is $127 over 5 years. My attorney said my payback to unsecured is like 0%. My total payback is like $35 over 5 years to my unsecured. Those creditors are going to get a check for like 17 cents a month.
    Filed 11/01/08
    341 12/03/08
    7 payments down - 53 to go

Originally posted by MJJ3767 View Post
    I signed the final papers yesterday and await my 341 meeting on December 3rd. My payment is $127 over 5 years. My attorney said my payback to unsecured is like 0%. My total payback is like $35 over 5 years to my unsecured. Those creditors are going to get a check for like 17 cents a month.
    Sweet! I hope my unsecured don't get a dime.
    Filed CH13 November 2008
    341 with confirmation recommendation Jan 7/09 100% payback to secured and 10% to unsecured.Plan completed and discharge 02/20/13

Comment

The irony of all of this is - The only reason I was forced into Chapter 13 was because I was being sued by an attorney (collection agency) for a car that I handed back 3 years ago. I was being sued for close to $15,000. Now the attorney will get a total of $10.20 over 5 years from me.
      Filed 11/01/08
      341 12/03/08
      7 payments down - 53 to go

Comment

I think I have everyone beat. My latest plan (in Best Case) has me paying back my unsecured creditors $0.75.

Yes, that's not a typo... seventy-five cents. They are going to be livid! I have $335K in unsecured debt (half of it is my stripped second mortgage).

Alas, my monthly payment to the Trustee is nothing to sneeze at.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My unsecureds are getting 0 in my plan, only thing to be paid will be taxes, lawyer's fee and trustee's percentage. Back in early 06 the trustees in my district got together and tried to not allow 13's like mine calling them chap 7's disguised as a chap 13. Which quite frankly it is. The upside for me is that since my means test is a negative $807 (meaning no money to pay unsecureds) I can actually early buy out of my plan for just the plan amount at 6 months into my bk instead of waiting for the 36 month mark.
          The future is unwritten. J.S.

Comment

My means test put my husband and I in a 3 yr. plan at $450 mo. but the trustee kicked it back because the unsecured would end up with less than 1% so we got stuck in a 5 yr. plan at $400 per month. Now the unsecured are getting 20.5%. Is this correct being that our income qualified us for a 3 yr. plan?? Our atty. wants us to convert to a chapt. 7 Dec. of 2009 but I don't know if that would be best to have two BK's on our credit if we started out in a chapt. 3 then converted to a chapt. 7. (we filed chapt. 7 in 2001 which is why we couldn't do a 7 in the first place but in Dec 09 we will be eligible for a chapt. 7 to convert) Has anyone gone through converting that could offer some advice on whether I should convert or leave it be for the 4 yrs I have left on our chapt. 3???
            Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
            Case Confirmed 12/10/07
            59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X