did i mess myself up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did i mess myself up???

Ok...before I finally decided to go BK I deferred my car payment to Wells Fargo Auto Finance. When I deferred it the guy asked me why..I told them I needed to pay a medical bill--he asked how much and even though it was only 240.00 I said 700.00. Then he asked me if I could pay the next month (that would be November's payment) I said yes. I am going 13 and I sign my papers on Tuesday. Wells called tonight (i am 4 days late) and they wanted to know if I was gonna pay and I just said not now. So basically both car payments are going into my plan so lord knows when they will see any money from the trustee. Am I safe from them like taking the car from me?? Or having any repercussions (SP) from filing after I said I would be able to pay?
    Filed 11/25/2008
    Confirmed 3/10/2009
    Last payment made 2/2012...

Originally posted by michele71 View Post
    Am I safe from them like taking the car from me?? Or having any repercussions (SP) from filing after I said I would be able to pay?
    If you are actually filing -- your lawyer will put it into the system and you'll get a case number on Tuesday -- then you are okay to go! Nothing will happen to your car... and even if they did come and swipe it over the weekend, they will have to give it right back.

No. You told them that you can't pay. Nothing would have been different if you told them you just don't have the money or you're filing BK.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Once you file, you (and your car) will be safe...all your creditors will be notified about your BK within a week of filing

Good Luck!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

why not put the car in the plan? That way Wells receives only principal owed for the car and the interest is determined by the trustee. Plus you won't have to worry about a car payment until after discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X