Questions before discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions before discharge

I am almost to the end. My attorney has had me make additional payments over and above the amount paid from may paychecks, for the months of October and November.

Looking at the 13network site, I see that there are 2 dates, Objection, and then 2 weeks later in late January, Confirmation hearing.

My attorney told me that after November they will stop taking money from my pay, and I am done paying. October was 48 months, after original plan of 60 months.

I am just trying to get an idea of what is happening here

Thanks
    60 Month "Old Law"
    Filed 10/4/2004
    Confirmed 1/2005
    Discharged 9/8/2009

were you in a 100% plan? if not, how did you get out at the 48mo mark?

Comment

Originally posted by t160out View Post
      were you in a 100% plan? if not, how did you get out at the 48mo mark?
      This person is pre-BAPCPA of 2005. That's how.

You could buy out of a Plan for any case started before 10/1/2005. (Not sure of the date of BAPCPA.)

No one really knows if you can buy out of a post-BAPCPA plan for less than 100%. It's only 3 years (36 month) now, so we may start to see some cases trickle in.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

no I was not 100% ---certain claims were 100%, others were 4. Also vehicles were crammed down.

I can get out and am getting out, was just curious as to what I have to look forward to, and what happens at these hearings
        60 Month "Old Law"
        Filed 10/4/2004
        Confirmed 1/2005
        Discharged 9/8/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X