Three long years - It's OVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three long years - It's OVER!

The online thingy says "Completed", I got my final statement from the trustee which says discharge is recommended, and now I also have the paper from the court that says "Discharged"! What a relief. My monthly payment was only $125, my creditors only got 4% on unsecured, but living on next to nothing is hard. It feels great to be done. Over $60K in unsecured debt wiped out plus the upside down part of an RV. Kept my house, never missed a payment of any kind. Now I can start enjoying my retirement.
    Those in the middle of bk, hang in there. Those who haven't filed yet, it's not an easy road, but it's far better than having those debts hanging over your head, ready to crush you. I wish all of you the best.

Congrats to you
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Wooo hoo!!!! Congrats!!
      FranksMom
      Chapter 13 (pro se)
      341 Meeting - Concluded
      Payments made 0/60

Comment

It feels great doesn't it?

I rec'd my letter on Saturday
        CH 13 OLD LAW
        10/14/05
        Closed completed
        Final accounting 04/2009

Comment

CONGRATS to the both of you.

Comment

Very very nice to hear!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

WhoooooHooooo!! Congrats and enjoy your new start!!!
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

i keep hearing that 13 makes you live on next to nothing... can you give me an idea of how serious this is? does that mean you can barely eat or what... thanks
                  "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Actually, it's only next to nothing when you compare it to pulling out the credit card and buying anything you want. I ate well enough (I am a raw vegan eating mostly organic food), my pets got their food (they get raw food as well, which in their case means raw meat). It gets frustrating when you are used to being a generous person and suddenly you can't give your kids and grandkids lots of X-mas presents, when your car needs tires and you can't really afford them and have to rely on your kids to help you out. Luckily I have helped my kids often in the past with the understanding, that I didn't want them to repay me in money, but if I ever needed help, they'd be there for me as well. Still, it is a whole new experience after being a high roller. Good practice though for being retired. I can now live on my retirement income without feeling deprived. I also remembered forgotten skills like knitting, sewing, growing my own vegetables. So don't think it's going to be impossible to live, it's just different from what you are used to. Get on your computer every now and then and check out how people in 3rd world countries have to live, then count your blessings. Good luck to you!
                    And thanks all of you for the congrats and well wishes. You all will get there as well, if you haven't already.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS EmmaT on your new start AND Retirement. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations on making it through.
                        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                        Plan approved- 7/11/05
                        Date discharged--10-12-2007
                        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Good job, Mom Cat got your Victory dance up. I shall play it here on your behalf.
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X