mortgage interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage interest

Hello...I plan to itemize this year and I just received the mortgage interest I paid last year for mortgage payments outside the plan. Now I also paid into the chapter 13 since May 2008 for arrears. But what I don't get is that I paid about 4000 arrears but they don't show that part. Can't I claim what I paid through the Chap 13 plan. Did they make a mistake. Thanks

No, they didn't make a mistake. I have the same issue. In TurboTax, I checked the box indicating that the "amount shown on form 1098 is different than what I entered". Not only do I have $533/month in arrears, I have the mortgage payment as well. As a matter of fact, they didn't even give me a 1098 for my primary residence which I paid 6 months of arrearages and mortgage payments through my plan!!!

Oh well.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had the same problem while my Ch 13 was paying my arrears. The first year there was nothing extra on the interest, but the second year every bit of it showed up; and that really helped me out on my taxes that year because I claimed 6 exp for part of the year. 2008 showed the normal interest for 12 regular payments.

Hope this helps!

Comment

mortgage interest

So do you think I should call them or let it go. If I could claim it wouldn't they have put it on there. Thanks

Comment

Why don't you call the mortgage company and ask them about it.
          Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
          Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
          Discharged April 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X