Tax refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax refund

When we filed in 2007, our lawyer said they would take our tax refund, but we got our full refund in 2008.

I called the IRS line last night and it said there was nothing posted to offset our refund, but I didn't know if what they take for a bankruptcy would show up on that.

Since it's saying nothing will be offset, can I assume that means I'll get my full refund? What I've figured is nearly $7,000 claiming my four kids (which I could really use because my van needs a new tranny, brakes, tires and shocks), but if the trustee is going to take $5,000 of that I will have my mom claim them since we lived with her part of the year.

From what I've read, I think they only take one refund, and it sounds like they missed their chance. Has your BK been closed or is it still open? That could make a difference, but idk.
    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

To the OP - you know you have to contact your attorney with the amount of any refund you receive from the IRS unless you are told otherwise...some trustees have the IRS send it directly to them; some don't. Did you advise your attorney about your refund for 2007 or just thought that since it came to you, you didn't have to do anything? If your attorney told you they would take your tax refund (I don't know when you filed), if it was sent to you you should have informed your attorney you received it and the amount. I would definately call him about this situation, and this coming refund, because you don't want to risk having your Plan dismissed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We filed October 2007.

The only thing my atty said was they will take all but $1,800 of our refund. I assumed that they would take it before we even got it, and from what I gathered it would be every year until our plan was paid. He never said we had to call him to let him know the amount we were getting though.

I need to call him anyway because I found this while I was searching tonight:
        http://www.************************/...income-credit/

Comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X