top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Happy yet Nervous all at the same time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Happy yet Nervous all at the same time!

I met with our attorney yesterday to finalize our papers they are being filed Monday morning. Originally he thought our plan payment would be about 1050per month and I was ok with that and when I worked out our budget with that # we have been able to stick to it since Oct. Now when we finalized the numbers our payment is coming in at 700 per month I am so happy just worried the Trustee will object. Attorney says our #'s are very firm the only thing we are claiming over is Medical and we have receipts and justification for this. We haive appx 148K in unsecured and we are lein stripping our 50k second. I feel like such a weight has been lifted. Now let's hope everything flies with the Trustee and we can get through the next 5 years!
    Filed 2/3/09
    341 Meeting 3/31/09
    Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
    Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Wow! Sounds like you have a great attorney There might be some objections from the Trustee, but your attorney sounds like he has everything prepared.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I've found that most Trustees want to work with a debtor attorney, over actually filing an objection. Truthfully, the whole show is all about the Trustee. The Judge is just there to assert judicial review and to make sure everyone is following the rules. The Judge is also there to settle disputes.

If you work with the Trustee, you'll tend to have few objections. For example, say the Trustee didn't like the amount you're using for medical. Say your lawyer asks the Trustee if you reduced it by $10/month, would that be okay. Trustee says yes... no objection necessary.

However, if your lawyer and you won't work with the Trustee, the Trustee uses the objection to confirmation process, so that the Judge can decide.

I just have to say it again... it really is the Trustee's whole show, and the Judge is just there as a referee!!!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X