11 u.s.c. 1307(c)(1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 u.s.c. 1307(c)(1)

anyone know what this means? i looked it up, but don't really understand why the trustee is doing this. he claims unreasonable delay that is prejudicial to the creditors. i'm 7 payments in and never been late. i just got the letter today for the motion to dismiss so i haven't talked to my lawyer yet. this is the second time he has tried to zap my case.

Comment

Have you started making payments on your proposed plan? That has to start within 30 days of filing I believe.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Did you do your 2nd BK course, the financial management course?

At this point, we can only speculate, you can log into a pacer and download the Motion, the trustee, in the Motion, would need to specify the grounds.

Comment

My lawyer is a beotch............

i have had 6 phone calls to her and not one call back. she was good b/4 she got that payment from the trustee. it looks like the trustee feels i should be in a 100% payback while i'm at 82% and really don't understand that cause i was told it would be more like 60% but then was told it was a #'s game and it would be modified this spring. maybe i'm over-reacting........... my plan is pretty horrible the way it is set up. i'll let you guys know what happens.

Comment

Usually, looking at the Motion in PACER will show the details of the why.

I like where HHM went with this. In many Districts, you have to get the debtor education within 180 days of your confirmation.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Has the plan even been confirmed?

Comment

Confirmed in november...............

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                Has the plan even been confirmed?

trustee says he sent a problem letter to the attorney in early december. this is the first i heard about this. stay tuned................

Comment

Update....................

my attorney never called back, so i called yesterday morning very early and got her answering the phone. she claimed she is way behind because of the # of bk's. ok, so she just said that it is still a #'s game with the trustee and we just have to modify again for the 2nd time. on her behalf, she told me from the get go that it would be a challenge with the #'s because of my assets. i still don't get it. i went from 60, to 80, and now 100%. i'm self-employed also and hurting right now because of the economy. i have an appt. tuesday. stay tuned................

Comment

Self employed and chapter 13's don't go together well. They always receive a high degree of scrutiny. Your attorney is correct, its a numbers game with the trustee.

Comment

I hate that excuse from an attorney. We fired one because of that. I don't care about your back log. I paid you. Do your job.

Be firm. She needs to fix it. Or you need to shop for a new attorney.

Good luck.
                      Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
                      341 - 2/5/09
                      Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X