Anyone have a death in the family while in chap 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a death in the family while in chap 13

My mom passed away today from lung cancer and I had to fly home from my job to see her and help my dad get everything figured out and support him since the death came so rapid!

I live in Wa State but have been working in California since my line of work has been slow in the northwest! My question is has anyone ever had this happen and if so could you push the payments or stop the payments while you are dealing with something like this?

unemployment just doesnt cover this payment we were given! please let me know what happened to you...

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts and prayers my mom was a great lady!!! I will miss her alot!
    Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
    Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
    Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

My condolences. My father-in-law passed away during our Chapter 13 but he resided near us. Call your attorney and explain the situation. Sometimes the Trustee, in certain circumstances, will allow you to skip a payment.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my dad four years ago and I still miss him to this day. Keep your chin up and always think of the good times you had with your mom.
      Filed March 2009

Comment

I am so sorry. Hard to accept loss of a mother.

I say do what you have to do and deal with it later.

Puts things in perspective for those who think BK is the end of the world.

Comment

Thanks everyone i really appreciate it!!! I will miss her alot... I am calling my attorney first thing tomorrow i guess worse case I dismiss the case and start all over since we are only a few months into it!

Question is can that be done?
          Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
          Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
          Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X