Tax Refunds after Chapter 13 dismissal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I get my tax refund if my chp 13 was dismissed involuntarily in TX?

I dont see why not, who is going to go to? The trustee dismissed your case.

Comment

If your case is dismissed, voluntarily or otherwise, the Trustee has no more control over your income. That is to say, they can't touch it.

As a matter of fact, any money not already disbursed to creditors, should be returned to you.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You don't say if you owed any state or federal taxes or back child support. If so, you probably won't see those refunds. Dismissed or not.

If you don't owe any of the above, you should be fine.

K
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I do not owe any child support or back taxes.

Comment

Are you in a chapter 13 now?

If so, any particular reason you are letting the case get dismissed (vs amending the plan, conversion to a chapter 7, or seeking a hardship discharge). Generally speaking simply letting a case dismiss is worst option.

But, to answer your question. Once your case is dismissed, there should be no issue with you getting your tax refund.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X