Question about moving out of state during 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about moving out of state during 13

I just wondered if anyone has moved out of state during a chapter 13. Is there a problem with this?

I know we have to notify the trustee, court, etc. but I wondered if anyone has done it and if there was a problem.

Anyone??

Thanks,
    bk22

Originally posted by bkrelief22 View Post
    I just wondered if anyone has moved out of state during a chapter 13. Is there a problem with this?

I know we have to notify the trustee, court, etc. but I wondered if anyone has done it and if there was a problem.
    It's not like being on probation where you can't really move out of State.

I have moved to a different District, and filed a notice of change of address (twice). My case is still in the original District. I have chosen not to change the venue and I have only had to return once for a hearing.

There is no problem as they expect this to happen. If your case is post confirmation (for a Chapter 13), then little goes on, so I don't see the need to change venue. You keep paying the Trustee as normal.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X