top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing soon -- Dental Bill and Care Credit - Should I do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing soon -- Dental Bill and Care Credit - Should I do it?

OK - like I said, my petition is almost ready to be submitted and I have a nagging question.

1. Year ending 12/31/08 - I was sent a dental bill (had work done 8/2008-11/2008) for $400.00.

2. I have a CareCredit Card -- it's used for heath expenses -- GE Card with $1000 line of credit.

3. I charged $200 back in Sept to pay my dentist for the first dental work.

4. I have $800 C.L. left on the card.

5. I don't want to pay my dentist this extra $400 but instead I want to use my Care Credit to bring the balance to around $600.00

QUESTION: I will be in a 100% plan. My attorney typed in $200 balance for this credit card.

I feel the amount is very small ($400) - Is it ok to call my dentist today and tell him to charge my $400 balance to this credit card so then will have a zero balance with him?

OR will the Trustee yell at me because I charged the card just weeks before filing my chap. 13?
    Filed March 2009

Don't charge it to the card! List your dentist on your 13 petition. You say you are in a 100% payment plan, so he is getting paid in full. Even if you only have a 36 mos plan, and your trustee gets 10%, your remaining dentist bill only amounts to $440/36 mos for a whopping $12.22 per month.

I guess I'm not getting why you want to do this? Why risk causing problems or objections in your plan. If you know you are filing......NO CHARGING!

K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

That is WHY I asked the question. I know I should not charge anymore and in all frankness, I stopped charging on any cards since Sept. 2008.

I am curious, how would a private dentist bill be a risk vs. a Citi Visa where they have all these computers connected to the courts and such? (Don't get me wrong, I do understand what you are saying) Will my dentist all of a sudden challenge me to paying the bill?
      Filed March 2009

Comment

No, I think it would be the credit card company who might challenge it. Not that it matters I guess, if you are in 100% payback, but at a minimum, it could be a big fat hassle. (Plus, some lawyers charge you more to deal with objections).

I would just list your dentist on your petition, and let him be paid that way like everyone else if it was me

K
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Krielly thanks for your feedback.

I asked the following question with my "friend $500" question you responded to as well, but if I list my dentist, what exactly would he receive in the mail??

Would he know how much debt I owe??? That would be quite embarrassing.
          Filed March 2009

Comment

No, just that you filed. No gory details

Comment

Whew! Thanks.
              Filed March 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X