question about assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about assets

I files a chapter 13 bk around july of last year. It is a hundred percent which will be completed in 34months with the payments started in august meeting of creditors in october and everything completed in november. During this process I turned over the original title to motorcycle which was included in the chapter 13. nothing has happened to the the bike, it is still insured and sitting in the garage. I have left two messages with my lawyer and have not recieved a callback. I was wondering is this normal or should i be doing anything about this motorcycle. thank you for your help.

To whom did you surrender the title?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

over to my lawyers before the meeting of creditors

Comment

Well, sometimes the repossessions are very slow. I would just ask your lawyer again if there is any movement in that area.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JustBroke, this is just a question, if the OP is paying back the creditors 100%, why would he have to give up his motorcycle?
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
            JustBroke, this is just a question, if the OP is paying back the creditors 100%, why would he have to give up his motorcycle?
            Because it's secured debt, and he chose not to pay that as well. I will go out on a limb and say, that because the OP surrendered the bike, they were able to pay the unsecured creditors 100%.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X