Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, qualifed for strip, I want to stop paying

We owe 114K on our first mortgage and 25K on our second,

We just had a complete appraisal for $95K and the city lowered our tax assessment eight months ago to 100K, so we qualify.

Our lawyer, did not lien strip prior to our first 341 meeting. The trustee basically scorned him for not doing it. Our lawyer said because it was rushed due to foreclosure. Yes, submitting was rushed but, 341 was six weeks later.

My question is: now that the 341 has passed, the trustee scorned our lawyer for not stripping, the city lowered our assessment and now we have an official appraisal. I am delivering the appraisal today to my laywer for him to take care of.

Can I stop paying our 2nd mortgage now and put the money into savings, just in case? If I keep paying and everything is official in June, our last meeting, I will have paid four payments, basically wasting $1,600.

Thank you

Blizzard, i moved your question here from the Mortgage Strip sticky into a thread of its own. Stickies are meant to share the answers to frequently asked questions. When you want specific information about your own situation, it's best to start your own thread - thanks! -lrprn
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Generally, the lien strip is inserted into the plan. So long as it is motioned or otherwise inserted before comfirmation, you will be fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X