CW and Chapter 13 filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CW and Chapter 13 filed

I checked on line at my.countrywide.com AND called a live person and they did say yes, my loan modification has been approved. The only thing is while I am waiting for the paperwork (and I have no idea what they are offering at this point - the woman on the phone said to wait for the papers and the loan negotiator to call with the details), I can only pay by phone OR by mail.

Anyway, don't know if I mentioned it, but I filed Ch. 13 and ironically, I filed on the day after CW's status online said I was approved.

So I call in to CW and after punching in my account #, etc., my call was transferred to the CW Bankruptcy Department. A representative told me since I filed Ch. 13, they would be taking care of the loan mod. Secondly, my loan mod. papers will NOT be sent to me, rather to my BK attorney. I guess it's because now I have an attorney, all communication goes through him and they cannot speak to the actual debtor - me.

OK so here's the question:

Since my attorney will receive the paperwork and not me, does that mean he or the bankruptcy trustee will have the final word regarding the "First" offer CW is offering me?

With my hardship letter, I told them I retained an BK atty. and needed a monthly payment that was lower and possibly a lower interest rate as well. With a lower payment, it would ease the pain of paying the Ch 13 trustee my bk payment for the next 5 years.
    Filed March 2009

Is there anyone who is going through my experience but not necessarily with countrywide home loans?

I find it hard to believe no one has or is going through this as well.

Thx.
    Filed March 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X