Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today

It wasn't all that was expected.

Since our Trustee lives about 2 hours away it was actually held in a conference room of a local hotel. There was no judge or UST. We had to speak clearly for a tape recorder.

I didn't feel nervous at all. He just asked for clarification of two items and we should be good to go. My attorney was sure the payment was going to be accepted but was pleased that overall it went well. Although, he said there might be a small increase in payments; however, I think the alternative could be much worse. In all I spent about 5 minutes in front of the Trustee.

I was also able to give my attorney the additional paperwork asked for: my 2008 tax return and my 401K statement. Again, he mentioned how organized I was.

It's all thanks to you guys. I think I owe all of you a thanks for being so calm as well. I was prepared for the worse and it was smoother than I could have thought.

Will keep you posted on my payment info. Right now I'm at $265 for 60 mos. When I first met with attorneys they were all talking about $800 so you can imagine my relief. Even if they increase about $100 I'm prepared to make it work. Again, the alternative puts it into perspective.

Thanks again for all those who give advice!

AC

Really glad that everything went ok for you. Getting the 341 done is the first big 13 checkmark - congrats for getting it behind you!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We are no where near the 341 meeting stage but I admit that I'm a bit nervous about it. Sounds like yours went very smoothly. I am hoping the same for us when it's me and hubby's turn.
      Filed: 8-19-09
      341: 9-21-09
      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X