Tax transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax transcripts

Have any of you had to contact the IRS to obtain copies of your past tax returns? If yes, did it take very long for them to arrive?
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

I have done this. It takes about 1-2 weeks for the transcripts to arrive. I think the last time I received transcripts, I had called into the IRS on another matter and asked for them. I think I received them in 7 days.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! So you can call and ask for them. Good.
      Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBAGAIN View Post
        Thanks! So you can call and ask for them. Good.
        If I recall correctly, they will only send it to the last address on your returns.

However, I was able to change my address over the phone, as I was talking to them on a 1099 matter. Then, after they changed the address, I ordered the Transcripts.

Please note that I'm talking about Transcripts and not a copy of your return! A copy takes longer to produce. The transcript can be used for almost all purposes.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

yes. I was reading the Nolo BK book and see it says we need the transcripts or copies of our last 4 years. I need I have all of them, but just in case I don't I was going to order the transcripts. Thanks again!

Comment

You can also have the transcripts faxed to you. You just have to be in front of the fax machine when they send them because they'll ask for a confirmation number that they included in the fax to make sure you're the person receiving them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X