creditors that don't file claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditors that don't file claims

Since we are going to be in the 100% payback, I was curious which creditors might not file claims. Can anyone share which of their creditors did not. I know there in no knowing for sure, but just wondering.
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Unfortunately just because a creditor did not file a claim on my Ch 13 case doesn't mean they won't file a claim on yours.

Amounts owed also have little to do with who files claims and who doesn't. For example, one of the creditors we owed the most to (over $10K) didn't file a claim, yet one of our smallest amounts owed (about $150) did.

Because you filed a 100% payback plan, who files claims and who doesn't won't change your payment - just the length of your plan. Unless you know a reliable psychic, you'll just have to wait out the claims period to see where you stand.
    Last edited by lrprn; 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

How reliable is the Chapter 13 Datacenter as far as these things go? I have several accounts listed on my case on that site that show a dollar amount in the "scheduled amount" column that have big fat zeros in the "claim amount" column? As I have posted before my attorney won't call, or now e-mail, me back and the trustee won't answer my questions. And what about the"principal owed" column? Is that what you still have to pay to satisfy those that did file claims?

Comment

All my credit cards filed claims, I think the only creditors in my case who didn't were all medical bills, hospital, EMT, etc. your results may vary :-)
        Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
        Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

There are two online websites that Ch 13 trustees use to post information about their chapter 13 cases - 13Network at http://www.13network.com/ and National Data Center at https://www.13datacenter.com/data/home_debtors.asp .

Which website are you viewing?
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

13datacenter.com

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBAGAIN View Post
              Since we are going to be in the 100% payback, I was curious which creditors might not file claims. Can anyone share which of their creditors did not. I know there in no knowing for sure, but just wondering.

I had 2 creditors serve me. They both were just under 10K. One filed and the other didn't. I have one card with Home depot for about 20K and they didn't file.
              None of the local medical bills filed.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Mine all filed claims...even American Express for $26!

Comment

$26 .... jeeeez ....

Comment

I had one file a claim for $36.02 (attorney/debt collector) and one for $90.90 (credit card) so it's hard to say who will make claims and who won't.
                    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by jjj117 View Post
                      13datacenter.com
                      Thanks for clarifying. Your original questions asking about what you were seeing on you 13datacenter account were:
                      How reliable is the Chapter 13 Datacenter as far as these things go?
                      Only as reliable as your trustee's office staff are updating the trustee's payment distribution information. Most trustees disburse funds once a month, but it's not unusual for months to get skipped. You don't have to worry about that - it's between your trustee and your creditors when, how much, and how often they get a disbursement.

I have several accounts listed on my case on that site that show a dollar amount in the "scheduled amount" column that have big fat zeros in the "claim amount" column?
                      Could be for several reasons. Is the creditor secured or unsecured? Did the creditor file an objection to your plan that was later overturned?

And what about the"principal owed" column? Is that what you still have to pay to satisfy those that did file claims?
                      You have to look at both the Principal Owed and the Principal Paid columns for that creditor. As the trustee pays that creditor their alloted share of your monthly payments, the Principal Owed column goes down by what the trustee disbursed and the Principal Paid column goes up by the same amount.

Hope this helps

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

I am not sure how this varies from district to district, but I was informed by my attorney that my creditors can file late claims. We are in month 53 of a 60 month plan, with 60% to unsecureds...only none of them filed a claim. When I started asking more questions of our attorney regarding why we have to continue paying the amount when there are no claims, he indicated that our district does allow for the filing of late claims.

So to answer your question, none of ours filed claims, but according to our attorney, they still can. At least they can where we're at.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X