How will this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will this look?

Question---My paychecks are not currently direct deposited. So, if I don't deposit the entire check, keep cash back, will that get me into trouble? I too have a relative I would very much like to pay and we need a mattress really badly. I wanted to get it before I file. But I don't want it if it will get me into trouble. Everyone talks about not having any money left over, I'm afraid we won't have enough to save up for these types of things.
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

I'm assuming you haven't filed. The Trustee asks for up to 6 months of paystubs and you have to file 60 days of paystubs with your petition. They ask for the stubs for a reason.

Be careful with paying relatives. They are insiders and the Trustee could go after them to recover the money.

I don't think the mattress is an issue as it's not a luxury (unless you buy one of those $2K ones).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks, couple more questions. They ask for 6 months of pay stubs, but you only have to give 60 days worth? (Sorry I don't get it).

How long (before) filing is it safe to spend any extra money or pay someone back?
      Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Comment

Originally posted by DUMBAGAIN View Post
        thanks, couple more questions. They ask for 6 months of pay stubs, but you only have to give 60 days worth? (Sorry I don't get it).
        The Court and the BK laws require that you submit 60 days worth when you file. This is a filing requirement. However, the Trustee has been known to want more than 60 days. It just depends.

Originally posted by DUMBAGAIN View Post
        How long (before) filing is it safe to spend any extra money or pay someone back?
        It depends on who they are. There are fraudulent transfers (goes back one year), insider preferential payments (goes back one year), and preferential payments (goes back 6 months).

If you are trying to hide assets, they consider it fraudulent if you play the shell game by transferring the property to someone, so that your creditors can't get the property.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X