"Alert" that is incorrect on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Alert" that is incorrect on credit report

I have credit monitoring from Experian (free for six months compliments of Countrywide as I was one of their customers whose information was hacked by an employee - they must be SOOO disappointed by my identity - LOL).

So one of my negative alerts is for a late payment for a Citibank debt that I've never heard of! I don't have a Citibank card, loan, or anything else and the amount doesn't match any of my balances.

At first I was worried but when I check my actual credit report no Citibank account is there (which is good). So if this alert is a mistake, it can't follow thru onto my actual credit report because no account by that name exists to be reported late. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Dispute it in writing with Esperian as "not mine". Send the letter return receipt to create a paper trail if that proves necessary. Watch for 30 days to see if the account drops off your credit report.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget