audit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audit question

When do you know if you will be audited? We go to our 341 in another 3 weeks and havent heard anything about it

I knew about 10 days after I filed. In pacer, it shows that I was selected for audit 7 days after my filing date.

Comment

How did do they pick who gets audited? Its ramdom isnt it? Or does something trigger it?
      Thanks

Comment

What is an audit and what does it entail?

Comment

We were told that anyone can be audited and it was random. My attorney then said he has not had anyone audited in his practice of 20 years. So we will be the first for him I am sure!! LOL

Comment

It's random. There is no selection criteria other than you're number XX of XXX. They audit about 1 in 250 cases automatically.

That doesn't preclude the U.S. Trustee (UST) from auditing your case. Generally though, you'd have to have very high unsecured debt (> $100K) and be over the median for the4 UST to get interested.

So, basically, it's just the luck of the draw.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

how do you know? When do they inform you? Right after you file or after 341 meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
                how do you know? When do they inform you? Right after you file or after 341 meeting?
                You are usually notified within a few weeks of filing and certainly before the 341 Meeting.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
                  What is an audit and what does it entail?
                  It wasn't too bad. All they did was request documents and compare them to my petition. They told me that they also get data from 3rd party sources, but I don't know what.

I had to provide 3 yrs income tax returns, 6 months bank statements with a description of any deposit over $500, 6 months paystubs, and possibly more.

Comment

Three days after my 341, I received notice that my case had been selected for audit by the UST. That was on 07//04/09 and haven't heard anything since.
                    Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X