Surrendered Home Still Not Foreclosed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrendered Home Still Not Foreclosed!

Okay, so I surrendered my investment property back in October, 2009. They still have not sold it at auction. I am still the legal owner!!! (Makes me mad as I just checked the property assessor's website, and I'm still the legal owner.)

That makes it 7 months. Mind you, that the property was in foreclosure prior to me filing in July, which means that the lender continue the foreclosure sale immediately after getting the motion for relief from stay. (This is because the State in which the house is located, allows a lender to just continue where they left off, rather than restarting the entire procedure.)

I have received multiple mailings stating that the sale was postponed, but the last mailing indicated that it would occur on 4/6/2009. Well? It's now 5/16/2009 and I still own it.

So, technically, it was to foreclose (sell at auction) in July of 2008 and I filed to stop that foreclosure in July 2008 (5 days before Sheriff's Sale/Auction). That means that it's 10 months of this. I told them I'd even just QC it back to them or do whatever... but they want to follow the foreclosure process. Right.

I still have insurance on it, but it expires 6/24/2009. If they don't seel it by then, too bad... I'm not renewing the insurance.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Rent it out as a vacation rental for a month and make a little cash!

Comment

Agreed. I'm mad because I guess I could have rented it out. Alas, the Trustee would get the money... as I already have a stipulation on that.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Drop the insurance ASAP, make them pay for it. Might make them move to foreclose sooner.

Maybe they will never foreclose and you can get a free house.

Perhaps they can't find the original note,is it a judicial FC or TS state?

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
          Perhaps they can't find the original note,is it a judicial FC or TS state?
          Power of Sale.

Also, I tried to drop the insurance, and the insurance company ignored me. It's not that much money though so I gave up. They are so fast to take your money when you want insurance, but so slow to cancel your policy when you actually want it canceled!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X