Looking for some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some advice

Filed Chapter 13 in November of 2008, 341 Hearing 1/9/09 -- still waiting to hear about confirmation. How long does it take?

Did you file pro se? If you did, you should have PACER! You should have had your initial confirmation hearing in (guessing) March some time. You should also have had a final confirmation hearing. You don't mention any other dates.

If you filed through a lawyer, then the lawyer did all that for you (attended those hearing). However, I would get on PACER and find out or ask your attorney.

(Final) Confirmation in Florida takes about 5 months from filing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Looking for Advice

Thanks for responding. The actual 341 hearing was scheduled for 1/9/09 and the second hearing was attended by our attorney not sure of the actual date. We did get one notification saying that we were NOT confirmed and our attorney told us not to worry about it. We have called and are trying to get in touch with our attorney and wanted to know if this was part of the process. We are still paying the trustee and are waiting for the next step in the process. Any light you could shed would be great.

Comment

I would stay on top of this. They (the court) doesn't just let confirmations continue and continue and continue. You should be firm in speaking with your attorney this week. No sense waiting around.

Also, if you're in Florida, do take note that final confirmation hearings are generally 30 days after the bar date for filing claims.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X