First Premier Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Premier Bank

I included them in my Ch 13, and today my mom called to tell me that there was a piece of mail at her house for me from them. I had her open it up, and it was a cc from them that I DID NOT apply for. It said to call a certain number to have it activated. I told her to put it up til the next time I go over there so I can shred it. I'm just wondering why they did this?
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Be careful, some of those subprime CC have these tricky little offers where the will issue you a CC, but in the terms and conditions, they add on any charged off debt and you are basically agreeing to pay off the debt, restarting the SOL, and have no available credit left on the account until you pay it down. They are sneaky bastards, those CC companies!

Cap one is notorious for doing it.

Comment

Could be anything from a mistake to a scam. Read all the fine print. Their database could just have spit out a renewal card at your prior expiration date in error. Keep in mind all the dogs, cats and minors that have had cards issued in error in their names. Be careful.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Me and my wife recieved those cards. The bottom line is it will have a limit of 250-300 dollars and they will have a activation fee of 169.00 and a 50 dollar annual fee. You will have about 50 dollars you can charge with it. I sadly admit I took the offer but looking back I am kicking myself. It is included in my 13 with 0% to unsecured so I do not feel bad about not paying them.

Comment

I'm not gonna activate it. It just surprised me that they sent a card that I didn't apply for, because I had one in the past and included them in my Ch 13.

Comment

Is it a real card? The one they sent me had my name on it nut it was not a real card. The acct number was like 1234567890 or something. I had to call or go online and actually apply.

Comment

Be very careful here, First Premier is a fee heavy card that seems to troll the recent BK filers. If they did send a real card, then the initial charges (set up fee, etc.) have already been added to the card when they sent it to you. Make sure you find out if it is real or not first before tossing the card. If those charges are already accrued, then that becomes post petition debt. Since you did not actually apply for the new card, it is probably just marketing material - but check it out carefully.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                Be very careful here, First Premier is a fee heavy card that seems to troll the recent BK filers. If they did send a real card, then the initial charges (set up fee, etc.) have already been added to the card when they sent it to you. Make sure you find out if it is real or not first before tossing the card. If those charges are already accrued, then that becomes post petition debt. Since you did not actually apply for the new card, it is probably just marketing material - but check it out carefully.
                It is a real card, and I didn't apply for it. Since you said fees are already accrued on it, I can't just shred it, since its not gonna be activated? I don't know why they sent it anyways because I used to have one of their cards, and its in my 13 plan.

Comment

Look at those terms and conditions they send with the card. I don't know if this particular card requires an activation or not (not all of them do).

You may have to cancel in writing with them so the fees are not due - check out the terms and conditions sent with the card.
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Look at those terms and conditions they send with the card. I don't know if this particular card requires an activation or not (not all of them do).

You may have to cancel in writing with them so the fees are not due - check out the terms and conditions sent with the card.
                    Wait..Are you saying that you can be held responsible for fees and charges on a card you never applied for?? I'd be very interested how the legal background on that issue would be.

I would simply shred such a card.
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

A legal precedent was set quite some time ago about the practice of card companies giving you unsolicited cards. And the decision was that you are not responsible for it.

Comment

I just received one in the mail - here are the fees on this card - -

$29.00 - Account setup fee - one time
                        $95.00 - Program fee - one time
                        $48.00 - Annual fee
                        $84.00 - Monthly Servicing fee
                        $20.00 - Annual Card Fee

$276.00 - Total to start
                        $152.00 - ongoing fees

I just can't wait to get their card - NOT! - jb
                        jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                        Filed - 2/27/09
                        341 - 4/3/09
                        Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X