Who mails the notices to creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who mails the notices to creditors?

I was just on the phone with my HOA who sent me a letter saying they were going to lock out my access cards to the development.

I told them this would be in violation of the automatic stay and they said they've received no notice of my filing.

I filed on May 10th. Who mails the notices? The lawyer? The court? I have a call in to my lawyer to follow up. I just can't believe that they haven't received something by now.

If it's the lawyer's office, I would believe that she hasn't mailed stuff timely (paralegal). She's been guilty of a few careless things here and there (like listing my social under my husband and vice versa). Thank God for my OCD although I'm sure she thinks I'm a PITA.
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

OK, it's the court and the paralegal called me back....I am impressed with that aspect of my lawyer's office...they seem to always get back to me!
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

I had a couple creditors who claimed they didn't get the paperwork, double check on your filing that the addresses are correct, sometimes one department in the business doesn't know what to do with BK paperwork and it gets lost. I got a copy of my BK petition and list of creditors and just sent duplicate copies to those that claimed they didn't get them from the court.
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Did you get this settled?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X