Being audited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being audited?

I looked on 13datacenter.com and under case info it states " Case Status - CASE BEING AUDITED"

Anyone know what this audit entails? I have not received any notice from the trustee requesting any information/documentation.

Did you just start your Chapter 13, or is this the end of your Chapter 13? If this is the end of your Chapter 13, that audit is specific to making sure the Trustee has made all payment required for a discharge. If it's at the beginning, then it could be the "automatic" 1 in 250 (actually 1 in 1,000 in practice) that are audited by the U.S. Trustee.

Generally though, the UST hasn't audited many Chapter 13s, so I don't know what to say.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I'm 2 years into a 4 year plan.

Comment

it is part of the new bk law. You might be ask to submit pay stubs and update all of your info. It is a lot of paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by rrockinggramma View Post
          it is part of the new bk law. You might be ask to submit pay stubs and update all of your info. It is a lot of paperwork.
          WoW! In all districts? My attorney told us that if we pay the trustee and our bills on time each month we will never here from them. So far, he has been spot on with everything he told us.

Comment

The audit is conducted by a third party entirely unconnected with the standing trustees. The audit fund ran dry in late 2007 (I think) and was temporarily suspended until the US Trustees Office found some funds to continue the (legally required) audits, albeit with less frequency than originally intended. As mentioned above 1 case in 1000 is randomly picked. The program was originally for 1 in 250 cases to be audited.

I don't keep any records,so if I ever get audited, I don't know what I will do. Don;t care much, either.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X