% you end up paying of unsecured debts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

% you end up paying of unsecured debts?

I did the means teat and it said "debt threshold" $25k does this mean this is the amount we'd payback under chapter 13?

we owe a little over 95k trying to figure out whats best for us, as we have assets.

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by 95kindebt View Post
    I did the means teat and it said "debt threshold" $25k does this mean this is the amount we'd payback under chapter 13?

we owe a little over 95k trying to figure out whats best for us, as we have assets.

thanks in advance.
    I believe that the "debt threshold" is used for the Means Test in a Chapter 7. The debt threshold should represent 25% of your unsecured credit. If that is reading $25K, then it doesn't really count for anything.

(In a Chapter 7, if your disposable monthly income (DMI) is calculated to be over $105, you have to check two things. You then multiply your DMI by 60, and take 25% of your unsecured debt. Whichever is less, can't be more than about $10K. If it's over that amount, you are pushed towards a Chapter 13... because you don't qualify for relief -- a discharge -- under Chapter 7.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X