Delinquent on discharge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delinquent on discharge...

With the new way to dischare..something electronic...my lawyer supposedly got a request for more time and I got a letter of delinquency Friday...it said it may be closed without a discharge...what would you do? I called friday and he asked if I got a letter of delinquency and I told him yes and he said he would call and find out what is going on...

Work with your lawyer to see what the "delinquency" is. Either your plan payments didn't cover your total plan amount, or something else in the accounting it messed up. Don't get to this point and have your Plan fail. Stay on top of this and work with your lawyer.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It has gone through everything and I got a refund check back from what was paid extra but they cant close until he sends some new form back to the courts and then they will close the case.

Comment

Well... some Districts require certain certifications to be filed to get the actual discharge... maybe that is the "delinquency" (non-monetary). For instances, to get a discharge in a Chapter 13, you need to file an affidavit that your Domestic Support Obligations are current. Your District may also have other local rules and procedures requiring other paperwork.

Hopefully, it's just the paperwork issue.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

From what I understand it is just some new paperwork that began may 1st that he didnt fully understand so hopefully he will get it done before the deadline and they close my case without discharge.

Comment

He needs to file a debtors certification and motion for entry of chapter 13 discharge...he hasnt done that yet...

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhunter View Post
              He needs to file a debtors certification and motion for entry of chapter 13 discharge...he hasnt done that yet...
              Ummm... those are standard.

Comment

I think the only difference is he has to do it electronically now but regardless he still hasnt done it and i am late now...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X