• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting... but will it work?

There does not appear to be any prohibition against modifying the interest
    rate, monthly payment, and term of the loan, so the plan allows those
    modifications

The key for me is the last paragraphs regarding the interest rate. On this form, a debtor can pay his or her car loans inside the plan, reducing the interest rate to almost zero. For this district (KY), they use the WSJ Prime Rate plus 2% on the date of confirmation as their standard interest rate. WSJ Prime plus 2% today would be 5.25%, and could save me a load, as we've got 1 car at 16%, and another at 29.9%.

Anyone seen or heard of this? I can't cram down the principal, but I can the interest???

Thanks!
    7/24/2009: Filed Chapter 13, Pro-Se (Plan of 0.2% repayment on $157,500 unsecured debt)
    8/18/2009: 341 Meeting of Creditors
    9/28/2009: Confirmation Hearing #1 (Denied)
    10/26/2009: Confirmation Hearing #2

Is your vehicle a so-called 910-vehicle? I mean, you purchased it less than 3 years ago? If so, you can change the Interest rate to teh Till Rate (which is what you're mentioning. Till is about 3.5% right now. It is set in KY quarterly, so you have to use what it's set at.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for!
      My original GMAC rate on my 2004 vehicle was 2.9%. I "crammed down" the then-worth of the vehicle in my 2005 Chapter 13 filing, and wound up paying aournd 8% interest on the remaining value thoughout my plan.
      Don't assume a lower rate. Congrats if it works.

Comment

Can the payments be made within the 5 year plan for a secured loan?
        I'd like them to be.

Also, once the 5 years is up, and the unsecureds are discharged, can the car companies come back for the back interest, or will they have to release the lien at that time?
        7/24/2009: Filed Chapter 13, Pro-Se (Plan of 0.2% repayment on $157,500 unsecured debt)
        8/18/2009: 341 Meeting of Creditors
        9/28/2009: Confirmation Hearing #1 (Denied)
        10/26/2009: Confirmation Hearing #2

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X