13 with NO disposable income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meoops View Post
    You have your house and car in a 60 month payment plan? Your mortgage must be almost paid off, right?
    My home and cars are in the 60 month plan. My cars will be paid off. My mortgage will be nowhere near paid off as it's a... well... expensive home (more than 1/2 million). I will have about 20 years left on my mortgage at the end of the plan.

My Plan pays the U.S. Trustee $30K alone. Wish I could use that to buy down my principal on my mortgage. LOL
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was under the impression that only the past due payments were taken care of with BR. I was told I would have to make a payment to the trustee for all back payments and also keep making my regular mortgage payment directly to the mortage company. I would also have to keep making the regular car payment to that company. So I would have all my regular bills plus the CH 13 payment for all the credit cards and past due amounts of the house and car, attorney fees, and court costs and trustee fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
        I was under the impression that only the past due payments were taken care of with BR. I was told I would have to make a payment to the trustee for all back payments and also keep making my regular mortgage payment directly to the mortage company.
        It depends on what District you're in. My District requires all secured payments to be made through the Trustee. You can motion (ask) to pay your home and care "outside the plan", but they won't do that if you have past due payments.

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
        I would also have to keep making the regular car payment to that company. So I would have all my regular bills plus the CH 13 payment for all the credit cards and past due amounts of the house and car, attorney fees, and court costs and trustee fees.
        Just different amongst the Districts.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OH! Now it's clear to me! I'm sorry. Sometimes it takes me a while to catch on, lol!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X