Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now What?

Well like they say when it rains - IT POURS!

My car was in the shop yesterday & today so I drove my husbands truck to work only for it to break down. I told him there was something weird going on so he came to my work and picked it up and had to call the tow truck to take it to the shop. Now we have a truck with a blown up motor and no way of getting anything financed.

Anyway we filed July 8th and I called to see if we could include Aug 1st's house payment in with our Chapter 13 so we could use that $900 toward getting his truck fixed. The guy that answered the phone said we'd have to talk to the lawyer. He did give us a case number. Is there anyway we can find out anything with this number.

I'm about ready to scream!!!!!

EDITED: I meant Aug 1st's mortgage payment not payment to the plan...sorry!
    Last edited by jade73; 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM.
    07-21-2009 filed Chapter 13
    05-02-11 CONVERTED TO CHAPTER 7 :

09-07-11 DISCHARGED !!!!!!

Well I wish I had some advice, but I don't. Talk to your attorney asap. I just wanted to wish you luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

you just filed and the last think you want to do is miss the first payment. Since you have already filed you will probably have to purchase something different. Talk to your attorney about 722. This is the reason why it is important to make sure your vehicles can go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by rrockinggramma View Post
        you just filed and the last think you want to do is miss the first payment. Since you have already filed you will probably have to purchase something different. Talk to your attorney about 722. This is the reason why it is important to make sure your vehicles can go the distance.
        Yeah I was told that but we dont have good enough credit before filing to get a car loan. The banks are so strict now. If I would have had good credit I wouldnt have needed to file

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by jade73 View Post
          Yeah I was told that but we dont have good enough credit before filing to get a car loan. The banks are so strict now. If I would have had good credit I wouldnt have needed to file
          I'm with you on this one. I couldn't finance a vehicle before I filed either so I am stuck with 3 very high mileage cars to get me through my plan. Thank goodness I have a good mechanic but even he charges me to get them fixed. Fortunately for us, my mother has a spare car too that we can borrow in the case of an emergency so we have another fall back if necessary (...and yes, we have had to use it already!)

In my case, I may have to get my plan modified early next year due to an increase in income and I'm hoping to try to get a reliable car with a low monthly payment as part of the modification and trustee approval. If/when the next car breaks down good and hard, I plan on leaving it parked so I can show proof that I need a newer one. BTW I have 3 cars because one of them is a tool of the trade that I use exclusively for my job. The other two are more personal vehicles to get me and husband to/from work.

Good luck and I sympathize with you!
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Originally posted by Billssuck View Post
            In my case, I may have to get my plan modified early next year due to an increase in income and I'm hoping to try to get a reliable car with a low monthly payment as part of the modification and trustee approval. If/when the next car breaks down good and hard, I plan on leaving it parked so I can show proof that I need a newer one. BTW I have 3 cars because one of them is a tool of the trade that I use exclusively for my job. The other two are more personal vehicles to get me and husband to/from work.

Good luck and I sympathize with you!
            Thank You! Filing Chap 13 was not a planned event, neither was falling 4 months behind on the mortgage when my husband was out of work. We actually tried to get a car before we went in and filed and the bank wanted to know if we were current with our mortgage and guess what? NOOO we weren't and that stopped all that. I'm thinking when we get our head out of the sand we'll have a 3rd vehicle to fall back on :-)

Comment

It's tough in a chapter 13. first, talk to your attorney. During the time you are in the plan, you need to know this stuff is going to happen and other things will need repairs also. You will somehow need to budget money and save for those repairs. We bartered with good friends of ours who were handy around the house as to repairs (i.e. plumbing) and car repairs. If we needed help, we did something for them (i.e., helped paint house, lawnwork, watched kids, etc.). No one is going to be there to hand you anything unless you have some family members that can help out. You will learn to budget during a Chapter 13 and it can be really difficult if you did not do any budgeting before. Hope all works out for you and best of luck to you also.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X