Administrative fees added onto DMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrative fees added onto DMI

Just wondering about the administraive fees that they would add onto your DMI pmt every month... Somewhere on here , not sure where, someone posted a $341 a mth pmt to administrative fee...OMG you mean they would add a high amount like that onto it... Doesnt make sense to me so that is why I am throwing it out there ..... I realize they would get there piece of the pie but is it a percentage of your payback ??????? thanks in advance to any info on this subject..
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

I'm from West Virginia, actually just down the river from Beaver Falls, and this is what my Plan figures are: The remaining lawyers fees of $1850 and the 10% fee for the trustee are taken out of the total monthly payment over the five year period and not added to it. That works out to about 13% going to non-creditor debts per month. Some have claimed to be balance billed for incidentals from their lawyer. That would be extra outside of the Plan. $341 per month is a little steep for admin fees and certainly not normal.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I can't believe that anyone's administrative fees would be $341/month. Sounds more like a single payment or something to me. I'm almost 2 years into my CH 13 plan and the trustee has taken less than $600 total in fees, which is around $25/month.

It shouldn't really matter to you unless you are in a 100% payback plan, because what you pay will stay the same (based on disposable income) regardless of who gets the $, creditors, the trustee, whoever. (Although in a 100% payback plan any extra charge is more you have to pay).
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

It's a percentage of your payment, so while $341.00 is high - if you have a high 13 payment, it is entirely possible. I pay 130.00 a month to to the trustee - 8.2% of my payment. My in-laws confirming order specifically states that the trustee may come in and increase their fee sometime during the life of the plan.
        Chapter 13 - 22 months left!
        100% to unsecured
        $1580 per month!
        plam modified $875 per month!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
          I realize they would get there piece of the pie but is it a percentage of your payback ??????? thanks in advance to any info on this subject..
          Each Ch 13 trustee gets a set % of your monthly payment. How much of a % depends on which state you filed in.

Here's the table listing the current % a trustee in that state (or district for states that have more than one district) is allowed to charge as a monthly fee to administrate your Ch 13 plan - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/2...3_exp_mult.htm

As you can see, there's a wide variation between the trustee administrative fee in different states and districts - from 2.8% in western Pennsylvania to 10% in many states and districts. Hopefully your trustee's administrative % is one of the lower ones.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget