What are certified funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are certified funds?

is it just a certified check from the bank or is it a money order too?

thanks

Filed July 09
    Confirmation - June 2010
    Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Originally posted by indebt00 View Post
    is it just a certified check from the bank or is it a money order too?

thanks
    I believe certified funds would be a cashier's check from your bank or credit union, plus a money order.
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Certified funds are those checks issued by a Bank including money orders, Bank Checks, Cashier's Checks, or a Certified Check.

I've only used a real "Certified Check" once in my life. It was basically a personal check that was "certified" by the bank. They actually punched a hole through the MICR account encoding and did some other things to the check. They also withdraw or hold the money from your account immediately upon certifying the check. Most of the time I get a Bank Check (since they're free to me). Money Orders are also common forms of "certified" funds.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Certified funds are those checks issued by a Bank including money orders, Bank Checks, Cashier's Checks, or a Certified Check.

I've only used a real "Certified Check" once in my life. It was basically a personal check that was "certified" by the bank. They actually punched a hole through the MICR account encoding and did some other things to the check. They also withdraw or hold the money from your account immediately upon certifying the check. Most of the time I get a Bank Check (since they're free to me). Money Orders are also common forms of "certified" funds.

so I can use money orders to make my monthly payments....good. I will ask my bank if I get free bank checks too...thanks

Filed July 09
        Confirmation - June 2010
        Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X