top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had creditors not make claims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had creditors not make claims?

I am watching Pacer to see who has made claims and although its only been not a month since we filed there just are not that many on there and most of the big banks are missing.
    I do realize they have until Nov to claim...but I like keeping track and just thought I would ask...

Filed July 09
    Confirmation - June 2010
    Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Oh, yeah! I paid 80% to unsecured creditors in my Chapter 13, but mostly because three of the biggest accounts belonged to MBNA America (now part of BofA), and they never filed a claim. A few others didn't either, including medical providers, though I paid a couple of those anyway (shhh! don't tell the former trustee, who'd probably think it improper).
    Some others sold theirs to debt fishermen like ECast (for pennies on the dollar, I'm sure, and instant write-off).

Comment

BofA is one that hasn't shown up yet. but I am sure that eventually almost all will show up since they have 90 days or however long to claim.

Filed July 09
      Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

Don't do the claim stalking thing. They come in when they come in... or they don't. I had about $50K of claims not made and they included one account each from American Express and I think one Bank of America. But my other American Express and Bank of America counts were there. It just makes no sense (although now I know that American Express is actually American Express FSB and Centurion Bank and operate as separate companies).

You just don't know which ones will file a claim, and which ones will miss the boat. Unless you're required to pay 100%, there's nothing to even be worried about. You'll probably see most of them well after the 341 Meeting and probably in mid-September to mid-October.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I watched and watched last year and wondered who would file...in the end all did from Am Ex for $26 to MBNA for $30,000

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Don't do the claim stalking thing. They come in when they come in... or they don't. I had about $50K of claims not made and they included one account each from American Express and I think one Bank of America. But my other American Express and Bank of America counts were there. It just makes no sense (although now I know that American Express is actually American Express FSB and Centurion Bank and operate as separate companies).

You just don't know which ones will file a claim, and which ones will miss the boat. Unless you're required to pay 100%, there's nothing to even be worried about. You'll probably see most of them well after the 341 Meeting and probably in mid-September to mid-October.
            I figured they all would...but we are not 100%.....very far from it...so your right it doesn't matter really.

Filed July 09
            Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X