341 was yesterday . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was yesterday . . .

and it was super smooth and quick! I was in the 2 pm group . . . got there @ 1.45 pm. Listened to the case finish before me - they had a creditor that showed up and were wading through $257,000 in debt!! Made my $38,000 look like chump change!

Two more cases went ahead of me - single guy discharging about $200,000 worth of unsecured debt, keeping his house, his truck and his boat. . . the next case was called, the lawyer was there in shorts and a polo. I thought that was a little TOO casual . . . I'm not even sure how this case got a 341 date as no paperwork had been filed, I thought it was weird. It was continued for two weeks. I was next. Room was empty save for me, my lawyer and the trustee.

Asked to see my driver's license and SS card. Asked my name, my primary place of residence, and what I did for work. Asked if my job was good steady income - it is. Saw that all my paperwork he had requested had been submitted. Asked if I had any property and if I had listed everyone in the world I owe money to - no property and yes, I had listed everyone. Wished me good luck and it was over! Five, six minutes, tops! I waited longer to see the trustee than my actual meeting was.

My atty asked me to wait outside while he spoke to the trustee. Came out and told me that if I start paying the $125.00 per month right away and get a couple of payments in before my confirmation hearing date, which is Sept. 24th, I won't have to go before the judge. The trustee will accept the plan and the judge will sign it - no questions asked. Woo Hoo!

Big sigh of relief and now it's time to get on with my life!!!

Congratulations and Good Luck to you! I hope mines goes as smoothly...
    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Congratulations - great news! Now it's just pay every month on time, keep to your budget, add to your emergency fund, and stay below your trustee's radar. Way to go!!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget