Chapter 13 & keeping a vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 & keeping a vehicle

My question is this; if I include one of my vehicles in my 13 & keep it, is there a point during my 5 year plan that I am allowed to trade that vehicle in for another should that vehicle begin giving me mechanical problems? Or am I stuck with that car for the entire 5 years until my plan is completed? It actually wouldn't be myself doing the trading; it would be my wife since she's not being included in my 13 & her credit should remain intact.

Ken

You can get a new/newish vehicle during the Plan, but you need to get permission from the Trustee and the Court prior to doing so. Your only option to get a new vehicle may be through one of the 722 Redemption companies (like USBank).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by hearr View Post
      My question is this; if I include one of my vehicles in my 13 & keep it, is there a point during my 5 year plan that I am allowed to trade that vehicle in for another should that vehicle begin giving me mechanical problems? Or am I stuck with that car for the entire 5 years until my plan is completed? It actually wouldn't be myself doing the trading; it would be my wife since she's not being included in my 13 & her credit should remain intact.

Ken
      I was able to get a newer vehicle during my plan, but I had to surrender the car that was included in my plan. If you have any questions or would like to know the lender's name, just send me a PM.
      Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
      Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X