Did portfolio recovery buy all my debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did portfolio recovery buy all my debt?

I didn't realize creditors sold the BK debt to collection agencies instead of filing a claim themselves, is that normal?

Over half of the claims that are in so far are from portfolio recovery who purchased the debt after I filed.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
    I didn't realize creditors sold the BK debt to collection agencies instead of filing a claim themselves, is that normal?
    Yes, original creditors selling off defaulted debt to third party collectors is very normal.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

They seem to have bought up a bunch of my debt too. Guess it will make the trustee's life easier, just having to write them one check ;)
      March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
      Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

I just noticed they put 3 claims in so far. No amounts. How do I know which one of my creditors sold the debt after I filed? Is there a way to find out? Just curious!

Comment

You can go to Pacer, to see the transfer filings, or simply 13datacenter.com, and your claims are listed by the current owner. PRA has bought a ton of my accounts, though Discover and Amex stubbornly cling to theirs.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Pacer has not updated since April 25. I found this on the 13datacenter but they are not listed by my origanl creditor. I was just woundering who it could be. Just to try and track claims.

Comment

Well I found some info on pacer. Still did not give me details but based off Balance. Looks like my citibank card and my husbands.

Comment

It shows on Pacer under claims register. It doesn't change the last document filed date or appear on the docket report unless it is sold after they file the claim.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X