top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your plan payment been changed after your confirmation hearing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jange, Do you feel like you have any money to save at all for emergency? I have no savings in place and I that scares me. Also, I know it is not supposed to be a picnic but I don't want to be having to shop for groceries every week at only the 99 cent store.
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

At Confirmation I was at $450 per month for 3 yrs. with less than 1% going to unsecureds. Trustee argued that and we amended our plan to $400 per month with 20% going to unsecureds for 5 yrs. Even though we passed the means test for 3 yrs. My atty didn't appeal it.
      Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
      Case Confirmed 12/10/07
      59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
        Jange, Do you feel like you have any money to save at all for emergency? I have no savings in place and I that scares me. Also, I know it is not supposed to be a picnic but I don't want to be having to shop for groceries every week at only the 99 cent store.
        I do go to the $1 store but not for food. I shop at the regular food store and today I even stopped at the Whole Foods store. I have money left every month. I do make my huband's and my lunch every day, but we do go out for dinner once a week. Nothing fancy, but we do go out.

Since I have been in Ch 13, I have paid for a new car engine, a new transmission and a water heater. All of that came out of my emergency savings. Prior to ch13, I really don't know how I would have paid for any of it. I also had taken down several small trees. I do have a few things that need to be done around my house, but nothing is an emergency and can wait until I have more money.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

This thread is over 3 years old. Please do not revive old threads. Instead, start a new one with your question.

I am closing this thread, but will let lrprn have the last word because I think the following is the important point on this topic:

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
          Once a Ch 13 plan is confirmed by the court and signed by the judge at a set amount, that payment can be changed only if the trustee or the filer petitions the court for an amended plan. Either one has to have reasonable cause for doing so. Ch 13 payments just don't change on their own out of the blue after confirmation.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X