Between discharge and Case Closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between discharge and Case Closure

I did not see a specific thread for the time frame between discharge and closure. So, here is my question:
    I filed chapter 13 on 2/11/2004 and my plan was confirmed on 9/10/2004. I made my final payment beg. of May 2009 and received my discharge on 7/10/2009. Now I'm waiting for the case to CLOSE so I can sell my house which I have a contract on. Until today, 8/21 it has not closed yet.
    Does anyone know how long it takes the court to close the case after discharge?
    Thank you.

Like so much else with bankruptcy, apparently it varies by district, trustee, and judge.
    For example, my trustee made his final disbursement 12/31/08 (the refund to me of overpayments), marked the case 'closed' (still listed for that date at NDC) the next day (a holiday!). Discharge didn't occur until several days later. Thus, officially, I guess, closure and discharge occurred simultaneously.

Comment

I am finding out that disclosure happens after I made all my payments and filings for that purpose are done. Closure however, happens only after case audit and review by trustee to make sure that all payments have been disbursed and all creditors have been paid what they're supposed to be paid. I think this is why there is a gap between the 2, but I'm not sure how long.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X