Chapter 13 trustees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 trustees

I think my trustee will be SJ Beaulieu, Jr. in New Orleans, LA.
    Has anyone delt with him and if so can you give me a little insite on him?

Originally posted by Alone View Post
    I think my trustee will be SJ Beaulieu, Jr. in New Orleans, LA. Has anyone delt with him and if so can you give me a little insite on him?
    Alone, I left your trustee's name here because local court Ch 13 trustee names are posted in multiple places around the internet.

However, evaluations of individual trustees or lawyers here on the public side of the boards is not allowed.

If any of our New Orleans members want to share their experiences with this particular trustee with you, they will send you a private message (PM). Be sure you have that feature turned on so you'll receive them.

Also keep in mind that one person's experience with a trustee doesn't have much bearing on what might happen to someone else. Bankruptcy cases are very individual, and how the same trustee reacts to situations depends on the features of each person's case. It also depends on the local customs of the trustees in your local court and the case law decisions in your local court and district.

Your own lawyer is a far better source of reliable information about what to expect with your trustee than anything you might learn here.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I am very sorry again. I think I will just read from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alone View Post
        I am very sorry again. I think I will just read from now on.
        Alone, please don't stop posting! Everyone learns the forum rules when they first join - it's very easy to do something by accident. We moderators are very used to it. No worries.....really!

Please keep posting your questions - we want to help!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Chapter 13 Standing Trustees are held to extremely high standards of conduct by the US Trustee. Their discretionary actions are held in check by codified law.

Most trustees publish a pamphlet or booklet outlining the debtor's responsibilities during the Chapter 13 - what they expect in terms of ongoing verification, what they might ask for as time goes by - that sort of thing. There is no surprise or mystery involved in bankruptcy. The trustee has a job to do, and it's no cake walk, either.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X