We file on FRIDAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We file on FRIDAY!!!

Well, it is all over but the signing!!! We go Friday at 9:30, I'm ready to see how much the monthly payments ended up being and to get this ALL behind us!!
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

You're almost at the finish line, DA - way to go! Keep us posted so we can celebrate with you on filing day!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I've been in Chapter 13 for almost 3 years in November. It has been a roller coaster ride!
      If the laws weren't changed in 2005 my husband and I would have been able to file chapter 7 and never had to deal with all of this. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was from a friend of my husband. He said to make sure that you keep ahead of everything pertaining to your case. You are your best advocate in this matter. The judge, lawyers, Trustee, creditors have nothing to lose but everything else to gain. Your lawyer's phone number should be within reach or memorized. I had a terrible lawyer at first and he royally messed up my case. I found a much better lawyer through my local Lawyer referral center which referred me to my current lawyer. Also, it is very good to know about the basics of bankruptcy. Also, set aside any extra money at the onset of your case. You'll never know when you'll need emergency money for home repairs, car repairs, etc. Set up a basic budget and try to stick to it. I never shop unless there's a coupon or an item is on sale. You have basic rights while in bankruptcy so as I mentioned earlier research them and know them.
      I wish you the best in your case. There is a finish line to all of this. Mine is just about done. I'm probably 60 to 75 percent done. Best wishes!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X