Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Plan and Stock Market

I'm in a 100% plan.

This is a hypothetical question: What if I saved up over the months are started trading in the markets (like I use to) albeit, just to make a few dollars here or there -- no day trading or anything like that. Possibly buying let's say in a Blue Chip stock and held it for a year or 2. And let's say, when I cash out, I made $500.00.

1. I know I have to report this on my income tax.
    2. I need to hand over copies of my returns every year.
    3. How does the trustee treat this type of "profit" from the stock markets?
    Filed March 2009

500 bucks...probably won't even notice.
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

(dude, I know I'm blind, but that font size on a 22" monitor is like WOW!)

The Trustee probably won't even care. When you're in a 100% plan, you can do all sorts of things! You usually don't get the same restrictions as someone in a Plan that pays less than 70% to unsecured creditors. This is because you are paying creditors back.

A recent Ohio case showed that a person in a 100% plan doesn't need to commit their disposable monthly income (DMI) to the Plan. I don't see this as anything different.

Of course, your District local customs and rules will prevail.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X