Final hearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final hearing?

I've heard several people on this site talking bout their "final hearing." They even know the date that this hearing is to take place. What is a final hearing? I received my completion letter from my trustee last week. All it says is that my wage deductions will be stopped(even though they already were 2 mnths ago), and that they will now begin making final disbursements and to expect that to take AT LEAST 90 days. No mention of a final hearing. If these take place for all 13's how do I find out when mine is? Hopefully the answer is not to ask my attorney because I am no longer on their call or e-mail back lists.

Well, they are leaving out the word Confirmation. They are talking about a Final Confirmation Hearing.

Under the "new law" (BAPCPA of 2005), the Confirmation hearing is required to be held 45 days after the 341 meeting. (11 USC 1324). In order to not have a confirmation of a Chapter 13 Plan before all the claims have come in, or the claims bar date has not yet passed, savvy Districts hold an "Initial Confirmation hearing" which is just a status check. No one really needs to attend as the Judge just holds it to be in compliance. They then automatically continue the hearing until 30 days, or so, after the bar date set for claims.

This is the best way to do this in my book. You don't end up with multiple post-confirmation modifications to Plans due to claims coming in after the confirmation hearing.

Now you are at end of plan, so there is a Discharge Hearing for you lucky people who make it through your Chapter 13. This is not known in advance and the debtor's attorney will usually be informed by the Trustee to schedule a hearing and file a motion to discharge the debtor.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

All though I'm new and don't jack about chapter 13, I would suggest calling the trustee. I don't know.
      Filed Chapter 13 Sept 8 2009
      341 Meeting October 2009
      Converted to Chapter 7 January 2010 due too loss of income. Discharged May 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X