Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me recover my money

Hi Everyone,

I sought paralegal assistance to prepare my BK 13, just to be yelled at for checking on my paperwork which has now been a month and I have yet to receive my papers. These people advertise on craigslist and so I continue to block their AD and also post AD that tell others to beware of these idiots.

So stupid me, I find another paralegal on craigslist and the same is happening. I am in CA and can anyone help me recover my money?

I paid 200 to the first paralegal and 320 to the second paralegal

People are evil. Can anyone recommend a good paralegal?

Sorry to hear this. This is one thing which worries me too. My first BK was done entirely pro Se. My (likely) future one I probably will not do Pro Se provided I can find decent representation.

Please go to http://ripoffreport.com and list both of these paralegals and the facts behind this. You'll save many from them in all likelihood.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Walangatik View Post
      People are evil. Can anyone recommend a good paralegal?
      I can recommend a lawyer if you'll furnish you zip code. Or you can look him/her up yourself:

Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Well, first off, not to be mean, but you should have learned from your mistake the first time.

Don't use craigslist, try contacting your local state bar, tell them what you need, they can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
          Great site. Thanks!
          Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

I personally would never use a paralegal on Craigslist, but it is a good place to find services and goods. If you get a competent lawyer to prepare your paperwork, he can, perhaps, make a demand for reimbursement of the fees you paid.

If these paralegals are local to California, you could file a claim in small claims court. (I would sue them even if they are not local.) That would probably go far.

Actually, I'm sure an attorney could get those paralegal fees disgorged by the Bankruptcy Court and have them spanked as well.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input and i have learned my lesson this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Walangatik View Post
                Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input and i have learned my lesson this time around.
                You may want to call around to some actual BK Law Offices. Ask if they do doc preperation for a fee! At least, you'll know who you're dealing with!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X